Roasted Vegetable Tartlets
Colourful tartlets filled with roasted vegetables.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Servings: 6 tartlets
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion peeled and cut into small wedges
- 1 carrot peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 small courgette trimmed and thickly sliced (zucchini)
- 4-6 asparagus spears trimmed and cut into short lengths
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra to drizzle
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- goat's cheese (Optional)
- crème fraîche (Optional)
Preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
Place all the vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Roast for 20 – 25 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
Cut each sheet of filo into six 12cm (5in) squares. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
Brush a square of filo with oil and place another on top turning slightly so that the corners do not over lap.
Repeat until you have a stack of 6 squares.
Push into a greased muffin tin to form a spiky tartlet case.
Repeat until you have 6 tartlet cases. Spoon the roasted vegetables into the pastry cases and top with goats cheese if using. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cover the stack of pastry with a tea towel that has been made damp then really well rung out. This will prevent them from drying out while you work.
- Take out one sheet at a time leaving the rest covered while you work.
- The tartlets are best eaten warm from the oven. They will keep in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 2 days. Refresh in a warm oven before serving.
- Not suitable for freezing
Serving: 1tartlet | Calories: 106kcal